Image Line FL Studio 20 Signature Edition EDU (Download)
FL Studio 12 is a complete software music production environment adored by the EDM community.
Or you can login to your existing account if you have one.
Special Pricing for Students/Academic Institutions
All the features of Producer Edition with Tons of Plugins!
Celebrating 20 years of innovation and Lifetime Free Updates!
Introducing FL Studio 20
The fastest way from your brain to your speakers
Key New Features in FL Studio 20
- Mac version – FL Studio is now available for macOS 10.11 and higher. It's a native 64-Bit application Including support for Mac VST and AU plugins. Projects made on Mac and Windows are interchangeable. Project interoperability extends to 3rd party plugins installed on both platforms. Existing, Lifetime Free Update, and new customers can unlock FL Studio for Mac and Windows at no extra cost. One license to rule them all!
- Time Signatures – FL Studio now supports Time Signatures, including unlimited Time Signature changes, independently in both the Playlist and Patterns (Piano rolls). FL Studio’s unique pattern system enables, simultaneous and multiple Time Signatures at any point in the Playlist.
- In-situ rendering (‘freezing’) – Bounce selected Audio and Pattern Clips to audio. Options include; Consolidate Playlist Clip selections or complete tracks. Render Clips to Audio, Render Clips to audio and replace Playlist Pattern Clips. Use these features to compile audio-takes into a single Audio Clip, reduce CPU load by converting real-time synthesis and effects processing to audio or convert MIDI to audio for further processing and resynthesis.
- Playlist Arrangements – The Playlist now supports multiple 'Arrangements' (Playlists). Each Arrangement is the complete layout of Audio, Automation and Pattern Clips. Users can now work with multiple versions of their project saving ideas, sound design and ‘arrangements’.
- Plugin Delay Compensation (PDC) – PDC and Automatic PDC have been rebuilt, from the ground up, to support today’s complex workflows. Manual and Auto-PDC can now co-exist. Updates include: Mixer send compensation, Wet/Dry mixer FX compensation, Audio input compensation, Metronome compensation, Plugin Wrapper custom values remembered per-plugin and improved PDC controls in the Mixer. FL Studio 12 to 20? -
To celebrate the 20th Anniversary of FL Studio, Image-Line is moving to a year-based numbering system. This explains the jump from FL Studio 12.5 to FL Studio 20.0.
Classic Features Refined
FL Studio 20, celebrating the return of classic features including the Graph Editor, Precomputed FX, plus updates to the Channel Sampler.
- Graph Editor - Returns, better than ever, with improved note editing. Perfect for multi-touch control. The larger the touch display, the bigger users can make their Graph Editors.
- ‘Legacy’ Precomputed FX - Are back, including; Boost (with or without clipping), EQ, Ring Modulation, Low Pass filter, Reverb, Stereo Delay and Pogo (Pitch bend). FL Studio 20 welcomes back tools that crafted the sound of the 2000’s.
- Channel Sampler - Includes two new Sample Start options. Start Offset – that moves the sample start point and is automatable. Sample Start – that trims the sample data to create a new start point, useful for functions that process the entire sample window.
New & Updated Plugins
- VFX Level Scaler (New) - Scale Note Properties as received from the Piano roll. The graph shows Input-output mapping for Note - Velocity, Release, Pitch (fine), Pan, Mod X and Mod Y values.
- DirectWave (Update) - Zone's loop types can now be set for all selected Zones at once. New 'Copy to selected zones' option for some Zone parameters.
- Edison (Update) - 24 Bit file export option.
- Fruity Convolver (Update) - Added PDC control to support new Linear Phase EQ presets, 'Linear phase EQ (Long compensated) and (Short compensated)'.
- Fruity Reeverb (Update) - Now a 64 Bit FL plugin.
- Fruity Reeverb 2 - Modulated reverb using Modulation (amount) and Speed options to break up 'ringing' or 'metallic' sounds.
- Patcher (Update) - Reduced memory usage.
- ZGameEditor Visualizer (Update) - New project 'Wizard' presets. Many new peak-based effects. Layers can be collapsed. Copy/paste layers to and from clipboard. Increased responsiveness to 'Linear' peak effect.
Improved Audio Recording
As we head toward dedicated audio tracks, in a future point-release of FL Studio 20, we are enabling features to support improved recording workflow, including:
- Realtime display – Live display of Audio as it’s captured in the Playlist and Note data in the Piano roll.
- Punch in/out – Right-click Time Markers and set them to automate the Master record switch. You can then work ‘hands-free’ with your instrument and be sure the take is precisely located and recorded.
- Grouped takes – When loop-recording, multiple takes are grouped and auto-name after the Mixer track used.
- Consolidate takes – When ‘comping’ your audio takes, use the new Playlist menu ‘Consolidate playlist selection’ to merge selections into a new Audio Clip.
- Hide scratch tracks – When you are ready to clean up the Playlist either use the new ‘Arrangements’ to start a fresh Playlist, or the ‘View > Hide collapsed grouped tracks’.
WHAT CAN FL STUDIO 20 DO?
- Audio editing and manipulation including pitch correction, pitch shifting, harmonization, time-stretching, beat-detection & slicing, audio warping and standard audio manipulation (cut/paste etc).
- Automate most interface and all plugin parameters by recording, drawing, spline-based automation curves, automation generators with formula based control of links.
- Be hosted in other DAWs as a VST or connected through ReWire.
- Live music performance including video effect visualization.
- Mix and remix audio including apply real-time audio effects including delay, reverb & filtering.
- Multi-track audio recording up to the limit of your audio-interface inputs.
- Record & play MIDI input recording from keyboards, drum pads and controllers.
- Sequencing and arranging with pattern and linear workflow possible.
- Synthesizer & effect plugin hosting VST 32 & 64 bit, DX and FL Native formats.
- Make virtually any sound – FL Studio includes over 30 software synthesizers covering acoustic/synthetic bass, electric guitar, multi-sampler tools including piano & strings, general sample playback and beat-slicing (With Rex 1 & 2 support).
- Synthesis techniques - span subtractive, modelling, FM, RM, granular and additive. With the addition of FL SynthMaker you can further create & share your own FL instruments, effects & MIDI control dashboards without the need to write basic code.
- Open plugin standards – FL Studio supports all PC industry plugin instrument standards including VST, DX, Buzz and Rewire. This means you can sequence with your favorite plugins and applications.
Audio Recording & Editing
- Multi-channel audio inputs - With the ability to simultaneously capture all the inputs on your audio-interface, FL Studio has the flexibility to record a single vocalist, guitar or a full symphony orchestra.
- Arranging audio - Audio can be arranged, with complete freedom in the Playlist. Features include the ability to host an unlimited number of audio recordings, time-stretching, pitchshifting, beat-slicing, cropping, editing and the re-arranging of audio with only a few mouse clicks.
- Edison – FL Studio’s audio capabilities are further enhanced with Edison, the recording wave editor. Edison is an integrated audio editing and recording tool with spectral analysis, convolution reverb, noise reduction, loop-recording, loop-construction tools and more.
- Newtone – Pitch corrector/editor. Correct, slice, edit, stretch vocals, instrumentals and other monophonic recordings. Convert audio to MIDI data and re-pitch any monophonic melody to another.
- Audio formats - FL Studio supports AIFF, FLAC, MP3, OGG, REX, WAV and WavPack.
Compose and record your musical performances and ideas in the most logical way.
- Pattern or track sequencing – You choose, record your musical performances and ideas in the most logical way. FL Studio 20 can simultaneously function as a pattern and track based sequencer. Reuse patterns as Pattern Clips in the Playlist or record song-length sequences, as desired.
- Step sequencer or Piano roll - Scoring tools include FL Studio’s legendary Step-sequencer, one of the most advanced Piano roll’s in any software studio, event and multipoint automation envelopes. FL Studio supports MIDI input, standard controller compatibility, and the ability to simultaneously control multiple instrument channels from separate controllers.
FL Studio allows you to do what you want where and when you want.
- Determine your own project design - In FL20, you decide how your project will be laid out, including multiple ‘Arrangements’. Unlike the competition, FL20's Playlist is a totally flexible and virtually unbounded workspace where Note Pattern, Audio and Automation data can be arranged and edited to suit your creative ideas and preferred workflow.
Mixing & Mastering
FL Studio provides all the tools you need to produce your tracks to high professional standards.
- The mixer - is about precision, control and flexibility. The mixer’s tracks each hold up to 10 effects (VST or FL's proprietary format). To create sub-mixes or mixing chains of almost unlimited complexity, each mixer track can be routed to any other mixer track or the Master track. Sends provide the ability to sidechain inputs to multi-input effects plugins. Finally, each of the mixer tracks can be routed to any output on your audio interface, now that’s flexibility.
- Effects - What about effects? FL Studio includes more than 40 effects spanning maximization, limiting, compression, delay, distortion, equalization (graphic & parametric), filtering, phasing, flanging, chorus, vocoding and reverb. These have you covered for the creative broad-brush effects, through to the minutia of the mastering process.
- Open plugin standards – FL Studio supports the most important plugin standards including Windows (VST: 1, 2, 3, 32 & 64 Bit) and Mac (VST & AU, 64 Bit). This means you can mix with your favorite plugins and applications.
Lifetime FREE Updates
There may be no such thing as a free lunch but there certainly is ‘Lifetime Free Updates’ with Image Line’s update policy:
- Never pay for bug-fixes again! – All customers who purchase FL Studio 20 receive Lifetime Free Updates by download. That’s all future updates of FL Studio, at the level purchased (Express, Fruity, Producer or Signature Bundle). For example, all FL Studio 20 customers will be able to update to a fully functioning version of FL Studio 21, and beyond, free.